Enables GSM communication of the CompactRIO controllers using the public land mobile networks. It is based on SIMCom’s GSM SIM900 modem. SIM900 is a quad-band module with SMS, CSD and GPRS communication features.
NI CompactRIO (cRIO) is a modular programmable automation controller (PAC) which enables data acquisition and control for systems demanding high performances, real-time processing and ultimate reliability.
cRIO GSM module is made for placing directly into common NI cRIO chassis. The LED indicators, power supply connection, SMA antenna connector and SIM card slot (push-push) are located on the front panel of the module. The module is supplied with DC voltage from 8V to 30V. The average consumption is less than 1.5W, whereas the maximal can be up to 2W.
The module functionalities are achieved by calling the LabVIEW functions from the Real-Time application of the cRIO platform:
- Basic functions for module usage (module reset and initialization, module shut-down, checking of GSM signal quality and network registration status)
- Text and PDU SMS functions (send SMS with optional delivery report, asynchronous delivery report for text SMS, asynchronous notification of new received SMS, read specific SMS message from the SIM card, list all SMS messages from the SIM card according to the specified criterion, delete SMS messages from the SIM card)
- CSD functions (making the data call, asynchronous wait for a call, answer and hang-up the call, send and receive the data over the data call connection)
- GPRS TCP/UDP communication functions (activation and deactivation of GPRS service, open and close TCP or UDP connection, send and receive the data over the TCP or UDP connection, start and stop TCP server, asynchronous wait for a new client connection on started TCP server)
- FTP functions (upload and download a file to/from a FTP server)
- Email functions (send an email through a SMTP server, receive an email through a POP3 server)
Supported GSM bands: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
Packet services: GPRS Class 12
GSM push-push SIM connector on the front panel
SMA antenna connector on the front panel
DB15 connector on the back panel
Power supply connector on the front panel
Status - indicates the module’s connection to the GSM network
GSM External Power - on when the external power supply is connected
GSM Power Status - on when the external power supply is passed to the module using driver function from LabVIEW